TECHNOLOGY GRADUATE PROGRAMME DETAILS
Our 18-month Technology Graduate Programme has been designed to give you the foundation to kick start your career in a permanent role. Following a business induction, the programme has been structured into three key stages:
The first 6 months of your programme is focused on getting a real understanding of Verastar and our Technology Teams. You’ll be involved in building core technical skills with your ‘home’ team, rotate around all Technology teams to know their key responsibilities, and participate on up to 12 ‘End User’ Awareness Days to start thinking how you can use your technical skills strategically and effectively.
The next 6 months of your programme programme is focused on deep diving into Technology and business change. In this, you’ll continue to expand your skills and impact with your ‘home’ team. You’ll also shadow a major business change project with IT requirements to understand how technology drives our growth.
The final 6 months of your programme is focused in developing your career specialism. You’ll have an extended placement in your ‘home’ team to ready yourself for a future long-term role. You’ll shape your career development by using your skills and knowledge to create impact in your team and across the business.
During the Technology Graduate Programme, you’ll start to develop specialised skills in key areas that will equip you for future roles. Here are the elements you can expect as part of your time on the programme:
• Gaining insight into key technical methodologies and skills
• Ensuring best practice and the very latest technology is considered in our approach
• Learning about in-house processes and procedures
• Gaining understanding of our wider business
• Leading and presenting findings on personal development projects
• Participating in business change projects
• A gradual shift from a focus on learning key skills to getting more hands-on as part of your role
• Continuous support to ensure you’re developing key skills for a fantastic career
Throughout your 18-month programme you will be required to undertake around 3 key projects. These projects will give you the opportunity to work with senior stakeholders across the business including Directors, along with your fellow Graduates on the programme.
These projects are an essential part of the programme giving you the opportunity to develop your skills in areas like: project management, time management, managing stakeholders, and team working.
SALARY & BENEFITS
Salary Journey – should you be successful you will quickly benefit from salary increases:
• Starting salary – £20,000
• After 6 months – £21,500
• After 12 months – £23,000
• On completion of 18 months – £25,000
• £5,000 funding towards an agreed CPD from month 12 of your programme
You’ll also benefit from a generous STAR Bonus Scheme that provides a bonus of up to 10% of your salary every year on top of your basic salary. In addition, Verastar provides access to gym and shopping discounts as well as free life assurance for all employees.
Technology Graduate Recruitment Process
Within Verastar we are committed to helping both our local and national charities in a variety of ways. Lots of our team enjoy helping in our challenges and fundraising events.