Technology Graduate Programme
About the programme
Working as part of the IT Team to support our network of around 800 colleagues. IT support the business to ensure all the tech operate effectively and efficiently and help our colleagues be the best they can be.
During a Tech placement on our graduate scheme, you will a real variety of technical exposure to kick start your career giving you the tools for success.
- You will have the opportunity to work with all technology teams, including; IT Security, IT Operations, IT Service Delivery and Service Desk, RPA and Infrastructure.
- You’ll attend up to 12 ‘End User’ Awareness Days
- Be involved in a project activity to understand how technology impacts our customers
- Build core technical skills with ‘home’ team
- Shadow a major business change project to understand how technology drives our business
- Project activity to understand new and emerging solutions
- Expansion of skills and impact with ‘home’ team
- Work on a project activity to deliver a tangible improvement to your ‘home’ team
- Have a focused development plan in a defined role to prepare yourself for a future long-term career
What’s in it for you
18 month technology focused programme
37.5 hour week (no weekends)
Flexible working hours
Salary £26,000 (starting at £21,000 with phased increments as you progress through the programme)
Quarterly bonus (up to 10% based on performance)
25 days holidays (plus bank holidays)
Option to Buy and Sell Holidays
FREE On-site Gym
Cycle to work scheme
Your 18 month programme for success
Setting You Up to Succeed (6 months)
Learn about who we are, our products and services and what makes us tick around here during your induction programme. Then start developing your core skills and knowledge through a selection of ‘taster days’ in various teams and working as part of your technical ‘home’ team to learn how Technology is used by Verastar.
Technology & business change (6 months)
Shadowing a major business change project to understand how technology drives our business decisions and growth. Become involved in new and emerging solutions aligned to our overall business strategy and customer journey.
You will be expected to add value, continue learning about the business.
- Deep dive into technology and business change
- Explore new and emerging tech solutions
- Establish self in ‘home team’
Choose your future career (6 months)
Focused development in a defined ‘home’ team role to ready yourself for a future long-term role. The teams include:
- Information Security
- IT Service Delivery
- IT Operations
We will work with you to agree area to specialise in and define and secure your permanent position within the business.
Your L&D will be tailored to help you secure your future role and build your career path. We will also confirm and have a CPD plan in place.
Projects: Throughout the 18-months you will have the opportunity to showcase your abilities by getting involved in up to 3 key projects. You will get the chance to work with senior stakeholders across the business and collaborate with your fellow Graduates, to add some real business value.
Supporting You Every Step Of The Way
People are our most important asset and we help you every step of the way on your journey to success. This includes;
- First day Welcome to Verastar induction
- Robust induction plan
- Regular catch ups with your manager
- Learning and Development, including Continuous Professional Development
- Support from a buddy to help you settle in and feel supported throughout the programme
What our graduates have to say
Rizwan – 2020 Graduate
Now a I.T Operations Analyst at Verastar
“The technology program was a very comprehensive and robust experience that definitely added value to my professional experience. I would highly recommend the technology graduate scheme to any recent or upcoming graduates.”
Hussain – 2020 Graduate
Now a I.T Operations Analyst at Verastar
“The highlight of the scheme was being involved in various IT projects, giving me the chance to be a part of innovative and practical solutions that make a real difference to the business.”
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for someone with a positive go for it attitude, an open mind and a willingness to learn the business from the bottom up. You need to be a great problem solver, adaptable, and an effective communicator with strong analytical skills and a keen eye for detail to support the future growth of the business.
Beyond that, you’ll need:
- 2.1 degree in Computer Science/IT discipline
- 2.2 if you have a master’s degree of higher
- A minimum of 12-months experience in an IT role looking to develop their skills further
Click here to view our Application Process
STAGE 1: Online application
First, you’ll apply online and upload your CV. This is your first chance to showcase your studies so far, capture your contact details and ensure the programme is right for you.
STAGE 2: Assessment event
This will be a virtual event involving a competency-based interview. This is your chance to show off your technical skills and knowledge, and demonstrate you are the best person to join the programme.